100 Years Ago
The road was part of the main road through Swannington, but sometime after St George's Church was built in 1825 it was renamed at St. George's Hill. At the time of the 1911 census the western side of the road only had the four cottages at the bottom, the "council houses" had not been built. The route of the horse drawn tramway to the former Califat mine was shown on the map plus the Califat Cottages. The houses comprising St George's Terrace on the eastern side of the road appear on the 1883 map.
Main Street, Swannington, 1903. Click map to enlarge.
Properties Reconciled 2014 to 1911 Click the list of properties below to view