PROJECT

CONTRIBUTE

EXHIBITIONS

BOUNDARIES

MAPS
spacer
HOME PAGE
spacer
Swannington 2013
spacer
CHURCH HILL
spacer
CHURCH LANE
spacer
FOAN HILL
  spacer
HOSPITAL LANE
spacer
HOUGH HILL
spacer
JEFFCOATS LANE
spacer
LIMBY HALL LANE
spacer
LOUGHBOROUGH ROAD
spacer
MAIN STREET
spacer
  MOOR LANE
spacer
NEW CLOSE
  spacer
  RED HILL LANE
  spacer
SPRING LANE
spacer
ST. GEORGES HILL
spacer
STATION HILL
spacer
THE MOOR
spacer
THE ROWLANDS
spacer
WINDMILL VIEW
spacer
 

Spring Lane, Swannington
100 Years Ago

The whole of Spring Lane was part of Swannington as was the Thornborough area such as the Jolly Colliers Inn. Currently the Parish boundary ends just before the Incline. Spring Lane led to the Midland Brickworks in Thornborough Road. The railway track of what was originally the Leicester & Swannington Railway went across the road as the Incline was still in operation to lower coal twice a week to the Calcutta pumping station.

Main Street Swannington

Spring Lane, Swannington, 1903. Click map to enlarge.
Properties Reconciled 2014 to 1911
Click the list of properties below to view
   
2 The Robin Hood

   
 

| © Swannington Heritage Trust 2014 | Registered Charity No. 515809 | Sitemap |