PROJECT

CONTRIBUTE

EXHIBITIONS

BOUNDARIES

MAPS
spacer
HOME PAGE
spacer
Swannington 2013
spacer
CHURCH HILL
spacer
CHURCH LANE
spacer
FOAN HILL
  spacer
HOSPITAL LANE
spacer
HOUGH HILL
spacer
JEFFCOATS LANE
spacer
LIMBY HALL LANE
spacer
LOUGHBOROUGH ROAD
spacer
MAIN STREET
spacer
  MOOR LANE
spacer
NEW CLOSE
  spacer
  RED HILL LANE
  spacer
SPRING LANE
spacer
ST. GEORGES HILL
spacer
STATION HILL
spacer
THE MOOR
spacer
THE ROWLANDS
spacer
WINDMILL VIEW
spacer
 

Red Hill Lane, Swannington
Red Hill Lane was very much the same as it is today, the only property being Red Hill Farm. The 1775 map of Swannington shows a Boultbee owned area called Red Hills. Red Hill Farm - Farmed by Arthur James Gough, his wife and eight children. During the Second World War it was the fourth largest farm in Swannington and its 82 acres grew 34 acres of crops and supported 41 cattle.
About
 
 

| © Swannington Heritage Trust 2014 | Registered Charity No. 515809 | Sitemap |