PROJECT

CONTRIBUTE

EXHIBITIONS

BOUNDARIES

MAPS
spacer
HOME PAGE
spacer
Swannington 2013
spacer
CHURCH HILL
spacer
CHURCH LANE
spacer
FOAN HILL
  spacer
HOSPITAL LANE
spacer
HOUGH HILL
spacer
JEFFCOATS LANE
spacer
LIMBY HALL LANE
spacer
LOUGHBOROUGH ROAD
spacer
MAIN STREET
spacer
  MOOR LANE
spacer
NEW CLOSE
  spacer
  RED HILL LANE
  spacer
SPRING LANE
spacer
ST. GEORGES HILL
spacer
STATION HILL
spacer
THE MOOR
spacer
THE ROWLANDS
spacer
WINDMILL VIEW
spacer
 

Main Street, School & School House
The school had been built as a single storey building in 1862. At the same time the two storey school house had been built as accommodation for the Head Teacher. The building nearest the road was the Mission Hall, built in 1894 to provide accommodation for the Infants as well as provide the Church of England with a base for services in the centre of Swannington.

To find out more about the families living there in 1911,
click on the symbol to download a pdf file.


Ernest Firth, Elementary Schoolmaster (Head) and his wife Ellen..

Photographs


Contact Swannington Heritage Trust if you have any additional photographs.

Other Information


HOME | MAIN STREET |
 

| © Swannington Heritage Trust 2014 | Registered Charity No. 515809 | Sitemap |