PROJECT

CONTRIBUTE

EXHIBITIONS

BOUNDARIES

MAPS
spacer
HOME PAGE
spacer
Swannington 2013
spacer
CHURCH HILL
spacer
CHURCH LANE
spacer
FOAN HILL
  spacer
HOSPITAL LANE
spacer
HOUGH HILL
spacer
JEFFCOATS LANE
spacer
LIMBY HALL LANE
spacer
LOUGHBOROUGH ROAD
spacer
MAIN STREET
spacer
  MOOR LANE
spacer
NEW CLOSE
  spacer
  RED HILL LANE
  spacer
SPRING LANE
spacer
ST. GEORGES HILL
spacer
STATION HILL
spacer
THE MOOR
spacer
THE ROWLANDS
spacer
WINDMILL VIEW
spacer
 

71 Main Street, Bulls Head

The Bull's Head Inn was a long standing hostelry that was converted to a private residence in 1969. Bull's Head House is still recognisable as a former inn from the downstairs windows.

To find out more about the families living there in 1911,
click on the symbol to download a pdf file.


John George Hough, the publican, his wife, five children, mother-in-law and boarder employed in the sewage works.

Photographs


Contact Swannington Heritage Trust if you have any additional photographs.

Other Information


The publican in 1911, John George Hough, had been born in Church Town, Coleorton. In 1891 he had been a Butcher's Apprentice and by 1901 he had become the publican at the Bullís Head. He was the second son of John Hough who for more than 40 years was the Land Steward of Sir George Beaumont of Coleorton Hall. John Hough bought Thringstone Smock Mill (now Hough Mill) by action at the New Inn in November 1877.
HOME | MAIN STREET |
 

| © Swannington Heritage Trust 2014 | Registered Charity No. 515809 | Sitemap |