Hough House was not built at the time of the 1911 census. In 1913 George Roberts, a railway signalman, bought 400 square yards of land from Arthur George Toon, a butcher living and working near the Station Inn. Hough House has an embedded stone dated 1913. For the transcript of the transaction CLICK HERE
The census enumerator did not use house numbers, so it is difficult to be certain which 1911 census property relates to each modern day house. However, as the enumerator was working south to north along Main Street, the assumption has been made that the families were recorded in this order.