PROJECT

CONTRIBUTE

EXHIBITIONS

BOUNDARIES

MAPS
spacer
HOME PAGE
spacer
Swannington 2013
spacer
CHURCH HILL
spacer
CHURCH LANE
spacer
FOAN HILL
  spacer
HOSPITAL LANE
spacer
HOUGH HILL
spacer
JEFFCOATS LANE
spacer
LIMBY HALL LANE
spacer
LOUGHBOROUGH ROAD
spacer
MAIN STREET
spacer
  MOOR LANE
spacer
NEW CLOSE
  spacer
  RED HILL LANE
  spacer
SPRING LANE
spacer
ST. GEORGES HILL
spacer
STATION HILL
spacer
THE MOOR
spacer
THE ROWLANDS
spacer
WINDMILL VIEW
spacer
 

Church Hill, Swannington
Originally named Snape Hill (Snape being a corruption of Snipe, the birds in the area), the name Church Hill came into being sometime after the construction of St George's Church in 1825. There were very few, if any houses along Church Hill at the beginning of the 20th century.
   
 

| © Swannington Heritage Trust 2014 | Registered Charity No. 515809 | Sitemap |